TIPS ON ART COLLECTING
Ten things to remember when starting to collect art!
Tips for beginning art collectors as well as for experienced art collectors.
Good reminders for anyone interested in art or already collecting art.
- Buy art because you like it and because it moves you, and because it will
enhance your life.
- Visit as many art galleries as you can, gallery staff can be helpful guides in
your art education.
- Get on gallery mailing lists so you'll be invited to openings and special events.
- Visit and join your local art museums and non profit art centers.
Curators sometimes give lectures on collecting art.
- Attend National and International Art Fairs and Art Expos whenever possible.
- If you know art collectors, talk to them and find out what they know and what
they've learned about collecting art.
- Read books on art history and books about collecting art.
- Subscribe to a few art magazines.
- Read reviews by local and national art critics, keeping in mind that reviews
usually just reflect one persons opinion.
- Working with a professional art advisor / art consultant is a good way to learn
about art collecting, and they will guide you through the process of purchasing art.
- Once you've educated yourself and have fallen in love with a work of art,
buy it, take it home and enjoy it.
Other Articles on Collecting Art
New Artwork Purchase
How to Protect Your Art Investment
Internet Art Collecting Resources
Our bookstore features a good selection of art books, magazines and DVD's.
Please click this link and visit our Art Bookstore.
Amazon's Book of the Month Site for reading and gift suggestions.
If you find us to be a useful art resource, please mention it to galleries when visiting them.
This helps us a lot, especially if you make a purchase because of information found through us.
Thanks for visiting art-collecting.com.
Art Gallery Guides |
Museums & Art Centers |
Art Appraisals |
Collecting Information |
Types of Collecting |
Art News |
How to be Listed