ART COLLECTING TIPS
TEN THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN STARTING TO COLLECT ART!
- Buy art because because it moves you, and will enhance your life and environment.
- Visit as many galleries as you can to develop an eye for quality, and what type of art interests you.
Gallery staff can be helpful guides in your art education.
- Get on gallery mailing lists so you'll be invited to openings, artist receptions and special events.
- Visit and join your local art museums and non-profit art centers. Curators, docents and artists sometimes give
lectures on a variety of topics.
- To see the broadest range of fine art, attend major national and international art fairs and art expos.
These events generally feature the top galleries and international artists, all in one place.
- If you meet art collectors, talk to them about their collections, and the how's and why's behind them.
- Study artists, and periods of art history, that interest you.
- Subscribe to a few art magazines - there are specialty publications for contemporary art, traditional art, photography,
artisanal craft, and much more.
- Read reviews by local and national art critics, keeping in mind that reviews reflect the subjective opinion of only one person.
- Working with a professional art consultant is one way to learn about buying and collecting, as she/he can guide you through the process
of discovering and purchasing art, for a fee or commissiom.
Other Information on Collecting Art
Buying Fine Art Online
A fast growing option for anyone interested in purchasing art.
Protecting New Art Purchases
Learn how to protect your artwork and your art investment.
Internet Art Collecting Resources
Also, be sure to explore around our site for art resources, and our online gallery guides.
Art-Collecting.com is an online resource for all art enthusiasts. Art collectors, art travelers
and artists will find our comprehensive online Gallery Guides and
Museum Guides to be very useful. We feature guides for thirty-seven
major art destinations as well as every state. Be sure to look at our Art Fairs Guide
and our guides to Miami Art Week and New York Art Fairs
which are up online year around.
When exploring around our site you'll find informative articles and guides for specific types of art
like Latin American Art, Fine Art Photography
and Native American Art. If you're looking for Art Appraisers,
Art Advisors & Consultants, Art Auctions or other
Art Services we're a good source.
Don't forget to visit our Artist Guides where you'll find links directly to artist websites.
Our Painters and Photographers pages are very popular.
The guides are very helpful when looking to discover new artists or if you prefer buying art directly from artists.
Here at Art-Collecting.com, we love art as much as you do and are always trying to improve our guides.
If you have suggestions or notice listings that should be changed let us know. You can also help by mentioning us to
your art friends and to galleries that you visit. Feel free to mention us and post links on your Social Media.
Thanks for stopping by Art-Collecting.com.
Visit our website often and be sure to explore around.
Art Gallery Guides |
Museums & Art Centers |
Art Appraisals |
Collecting Information |
Types of Collecting |
Art News |
How to be Listed
Copyright 2023 by Art-Collecting.com All Rights Reserved
Something Big, Something Small
Oct 31 - December 30, 2023
Including: Rebecca Rutstein
Bridgette Mayer Gallery
Odili Donald Odita
Degrees of Separation
Nov 11 - December 16, 2023
David Kordansky Gallery
Please follow us and share site and guide with your art friends.