ART COLLECTING TIPS
Ten things to remember when starting to collect art!
The reopening of the United States is underway, and we want you to know that
Art-Collecting.com will continue to provide your community with art guides as we have for the past 22 years.
We do this because galleries, museums, non-profit art organizations, and artists are important. We urge you
to support them whenever possible. COVID-19 is still a dangerous threat, so practice safe distancing, wash
your hands and take other protective measures so that we can continue to open our country safely.
NEW this month - we are looking for volunteers from YOUR art community; people who can be the eyes and ears
for what's happening in your area. It's easy - choose a ART GALLERY GUIDE
for your city/state, then let us know what should be added or removed. We want to provide informative and useful
guides for your community and for visitor to it. Together, we can create even better and more accurate online
art guides. VOLUNTEER INFORMATION
We sincerely hope that you, your family and friends will stay healthy during this time. Please take care of yourself,
and think about how you might be inspired to help others. Be sure to call any art venues before attempting to visit them.
Tips for beginning art collectors as well as for experienced art collectors.
Good reminders for anyone interested in art or already collecting art.
- Buy art because because it moves you, and will enhance your life and environment.
- Visit as many galleries as you can to develop an eye for quality, and what type of art interests you.
Gallery staff can be helpful guides in your art education.
- Get on gallery mailing lists so you'll be invited to openings, artist receptions and special events.
- Visit and join your local art museums and non-profit art centers. Curators, docents and artists sometimes give
lectures on a variety of topics.
- To see the broadest range of fine art, attend major national and international art fairs and art expos.
These events generally feature the top galleries and international artists, all in one place.
- If you meet art collectors, talk to them about their collections, and the how's and why's behind them.
- Study artists, and periods of art history, that interest you.
- Subscribe to a few art magazines - there are specialty publications for contemporary art, traditional art, photography,
artisanal craft, and much more.
- Read reviews by local and national art critics, keeping in mind that reviews reflect the subjective opinion of only one person.
- Working with a professional art consultant is one way to learn about buying and collecting, as she/he can guide you through the process
of discovering and purchasing art, for a fee or commissiom.
Other Information on Collecting Art
Buying Fine Art Online
A fast growing option for anyone interested in purchasing art.
Protecting New Art Purchases
Learn how to protect your artwork and your art investment.
Internet Art Collecting Resources
Also, be sure to explore around our site for art resources, and our online gallery guides.
Art-Collecting.com is an online resource for all art enthusiasts. Art collectors, art travelers
and artists will find our comprehensive online Gallery Guides and
Museum Guides to be very useful. We feature guides for thirty-seven
major art destinations as well as every state. Be sure to look at our Art Fairs Guide
and our guides to Miami Art Week and New York Art Fairs
which are up online year around.
When exploring around our site you'll find informative articles and guides for specific types of art
like Latin American Art, Fine Art Photography
and Native American Art. If you're looking for Art Appraisers,
Art Advisors & Consultants, Art Auctions or other
Art Services we're a good source.
Don't forget to visit our Artist Guides where you'll find links directly to artist websites.
Our Painters and Photographers pages are very popular.
The guides are very helpful when looking to discover new artists or if you prefer buying art directly from artists.
Here at Art-Collecting.com, we love art as much as you do and are always trying to improve our guides.
If you have suggestions or notice listings that should be changed let us know. You can also help by mentioning us to
your art friends and to galleries that you visit. Feel free to mention us and post links on your Social Media.
Thanks for stopping by Art-Collecting.com.
Visit our website often and be sure to explore around.
Art Gallery Guides |
Museums & Art Centers |
Art Appraisals |
Collecting Information |
Types of Collecting |
Art News |
How to be Listed
Copyright 2020 by Art-Collecting.com All Rights Reserved